Alan W. Runfeldt
Professional technical consulting, systems development, public presentation & training of technical subjects since 1982. Primary focus on the internet environment since 1995.
Current and recent Projects:
Design, Programming and Technical Project Management of Internet-based survey & reporting systems
Lectures and Seminars:
- Director of Technical Operations, JustAskThem.com
- Senior Programmer and System Architect of ATT WorldNet Customer Care survey system
- Developer of "PULSE Objects" - Miva code used for developing online survey systems.
- Project Manager - "Miva-SQL Bridge" techniques to link Miva front-ends to SQL Databases
- Project Manager - MySQL Miva Commerce library enabling Miva to communicate directly with MySQL databases
- Developer and Architect of online survey systems for:
- Pacific Bell's QPP program
- The World Bank
- Great Plains Software
- ATT WorldNet Customer Care
- Miva Corporation
- and others....
- System Adminstrator, Director of Web services, http://rComm.nethttp://NoDeadlines.com, hosting over 40 domains and multiple other websites.
- Java-language Programming Instructor for Wronski Associates (General Electric IMLP Training Program)
- Featured Speaker at Miva Developer's San Diego Conference. July, 2000, May, 2001 & May, 2002.
- Contributor to Miva Developers Newsletter
- Featured Web Technologies speaker at Computer Associates' CA World ' 97 in New Orleans
Previous Major Projects (1980-97):
Co-Developed first successul bi-directional, multilingual personal computer/phototypesetter interface system for A.M. Varityper Comp/Set phototypesetter. Installed systems throughout the US
Co-Developed DOS-based bi-lingual Vietnamese, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew (and over 20 more) PC & laser printer-based publishing systems independently and in cooperation with Diplomat Software, specializing in keyboard special character macro encoding and display and printer font development.
Founding and operating (4 years) Laser PROS laser printer repair service. Concurrent Laser Printer Repair instructor for Don Thompson's Laser Service Seminars
Network Database programming; dBase, Paradox
Lead Instructor, "Hands-on Building a World-Wide Web Site", for American Institute (1995-7)
Website Development, Training & Lecturing, CGI database programming (since 1995)
Alan has received top evaluations from major corporations for his presentation of introductory and advanced website development, maintenance & management courses, and has been honored by the Vietnamese refugee/expatriate community for development of first-ever PC-based Vietnamese language publishing system.
1998-present - Specific focus on Online Market Research; survey systems with real-time results
1995-present - Major focus on Internet technology, webmastering, webhosting, cgi database programming,.consulting, lecturing & training on issues related to the World-Wide Web
1989-94 - Founded and operated Laser Pros Laser-printer repair business
1982-present - Various PC-based publishing, database & hardware/software projects
1973-84 Founded and operated The Excelsior Press/Watchung Mountain Graphics - commercial graphics & printing business, which has evolved into The Excelsior Press Museum of Printing, a working print shop circa 1920.
1968-72 Ssgt (E-5), USAF
63rd, 8th & 6th Aerial Port Squadrons (serving in Calif, Vietnam & Thailand)
- Duties included Tactical Airlift Support for 5th Special Forces Group (South Vietnam)
- Senior Load Planner, USAF Military Airlift Command (U-Tapao, Thailand)