How to optimize your web publishing
(Designing an information
- Planning for growth & explosive
expansion is essential
- File Management - Directory structures:
- Segregate html from images, sound,
video & cgi programs
- "Mirror" your online
site as closely as possible.
- Plan also for graphic design and
- Rename new "background.gif"
rather than editing all your code.
- Investigate "Style Sheets"
option proposed at W3C
- Your site should not require hardware
or software not readily available to your viewing public.Do NOT go to new
technologies faster than your audience can keep up.
- DO study and experiment with
new technologies and integrate into your system as the market is ready
- Spend time & money on
R&D - new tools can save a lot of time.
- Skillsets required to develop & maintain
an effective web presence:
- Link to "12
Skillsets Required in a Website Development Team" by Alan Runfelt
- "Publisher" to set initial
goals and acquire funding
- content preparation team
- assembly into coherent, communicating
- custom programming resource
- system admin - webmaster (w/ technical
- Public liaison
- R&D new
tools and upgrade as needed.
- Case Studies